Is this normal?

Jamste08

Beardie name(s)
Opal
Hey all! My beardies always had a sort of arched back. Ever since I got him from the store it was always sorta arched. Not too noticeable but grew as he grew. He’s also a lot shorter than what I see other Beardies his age. From my guess the parents may have had bad genetics as after purchase I saw the mother and she had a bit of an arched back aswell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey all! My beardies always had a sort of arched back. Ever since I got him from the store it was always sorta arched. Not too noticeable but grew as he grew. He’s also a lot shorter than what I see other Beardies his age. From my guess the parents may have had bad genetics as after purchase I saw the mother and she had a bit of an arched back aswell
Could be genetics not sure tho- make sure your using a good uvb like a zoo med long tube fixture or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb
@AHBD
@Drache613

Jamste08

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Opal
Could be genetics not sure tho- make sure your using a good uvb like a zoo med long tube fixture or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb
@AHBD
@Drache613
Thanks! Yeah I was thinking it could be genetics. I just get worried when he doesn’t have posture like other beardies and he’s not the same size as some other beardies his age

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a form of MBD, it might not hurt him much if he's eating + moving around normally. So you say you saw the mother dragon at the store where you bought him ? Proper uvb is extremely important now, what type do you have and can you post pics of your set up + lights ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom