Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Could you take a look at the below photos and let me know your thoughts. I'm not sure what to make of the dark patches on his underside and whether the end of his tail just hasn't shed or if it's something more serious.

Thanks in advance

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The black lines are just part of natural coloring. They darken depending on mood and if they're trying to absorb more light/heat. It's common for younger dragons to have the lines/circles on their bellies like that.

The tail looks like maybe it's crimped at the end but I can't quite tell from the photo. Is the area near the tip crimped looking?

I can't tell his gender from that angle. If you post a photo of him facing away with his tail up that may be easier to tell. You can also try using a flashlight https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=204533

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
Hey Cooper

Thanks for your reply. I meant the dark patch between his legs, looks a darker 'white' than the rest of him, I know about the stripes and spots :)

I'm thinking the tail is just where he hasn't shed it yet, I'll give him a bath later to help him along.

No it's not the best photo, I'll try take another tonight when I get home :)

GeoffreyDragon

Original Poster
Is this better? Sorry he wouldn't stay still for very long, wanted to run about and explore the sofa. I couldn't see two lumps, just the one at the Base...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You have to arch the tail up + back further. Think of how a dog on high alert holds it's tail almost up over it's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom