Is this normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LigerZero

All my bd wants to do is sleep all day. She is sometimes active but mostly sleeps all day. She gets plenty of uv light. Some from her basking light and some from the sun. Is she sick or ssomething. Did I do something wrong. Please help me understand this behavior. Thanks

Denduran87

Juvie Member
what do you mean from the basking light? The compact bulbs (mercury vapor bulbs) are very hard on thier eyes i would stick to a long tube reptisun 10.0 uvb light that covers most of the terrarium but is closest at the basking spot.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Sorry to hear your beardie has you worried. How old is your beardie? Depending on the age... some beardies just go through phases of inactivity.
If you want to go over your set up with us, maybe we can help you figure out what might be going on.
What "brand" and "type" UVB? fluorescent tube, compact/coil, mvb?
What are the temps on basking and coolside?
What type thermometer are you using? digital w/probe end, stick-on type, temp gun?
Is your beardie eating? What and how often?
Is your beardie pooping?
Are you bathing for hydration?
Are you supplementing with Calcium and multivitamins? How often?

LigerZero

Original Poster
It stays between 95-107 degree. She eats all the right veggies and eats 7-10 crickets which I dust with calcium once every week. I'm having trouble with the poop. She used to go 1-2 days after eating but now it's like 4-5 days. I bath her in warm water every 2-3 days. My thermometer was a fish tanks thermometer. So all in all I do a pretty good job of pampering her. But I never every overt heat or over feed her.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
How old is she? you only give her calcium 1 x a week? If she's a sub adult or adult she should get it 3x a week, especially if it's just dusting crickets.. Maybe you should try liquid calcium which is more readily absorbed and you can monitor exactly how much she is getting.. How long has she been acting like this?

LigerZero

Original Poster
I am still balancing her diet. She really hasn't had a good bowel movement so when that happens she go back to more calcium. Can she have fish oil? If so how much. And what about vitamin C.

Denduran87

Juvie Member
If its a solar glo i don't belive it is putting out enough uvb and could also be hurting the eyes of the dragon.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
You can give her mineral oil if she's have trouble with pooping.. I give my 400 gram Beardie 2cc's when he's having trouble. I'm not sure how much yours weighs though.

Jess

Extreme Poster
She said SUN Glo, not Solar Glo... And unforutately, a Sun Glo is just a regular basking light, and it puts out no UVB what so ever.

Order your beardie a ReptiSun 10.0 flourescent tube from www.petmountain.com. Once she has an actualy UVB bulb, I bet she will perk up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom