is this normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
my beardie is a 9 inch baby...she just finished her shed, was in when she arrived, and is it normal for her to run around her cage like crazy, literally climbing the walls and jumping from things? are these all normal behaviors...she is cracking me up, but i am afraid she is angry or going to hurt herself. so, is this normal, i have only had her for 3 days...

Toyguy

Juvie Member
Perfectly normal as far as I can see :) Dash does the same thing. Some of the jumps he takes are astounding :)

Denise Bushnell (RIP)

Juvie Member
Retired Moderator
Yes, believe it or not, the way your little one is acting is perfectly normal! LOL When they're very small like that, they don't have much sense about jumping off of things.

It's doubtful if your little one will hurt herself while she's in her tank, but, if you take her out and carry her around on your shoulder at all, keep the palm of your hand over her back to keep her under control. Some of them, at that age, think that they can fly,and think nothing of jumping off your shoulder, or off of any high places that you might put them, if they see something that interests them and they want to investigate it!

As she gets older and larger, she will eventually develop some sense about what is realistic and what isn't, as far as the distance that she can jump from, if you can keep her from giving you a nervous breakdown, or killing herself, in the meantime! LOL GOOD LUCK! :lol:

On a brighter note, you obviously have a healthy, nosy, active baby.....
enjoy her while she's small, because they don't stay little for very long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom