Is this normal for a female?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just been giving a 2 1/2 year old female transulent beardie. We have a juvenille male, (meadow is actually his mommy).

I have noticed when she pee's in the morning she passes a small,white, almost egg like "ball". I accidently squished it while cleaning up, and it squirted a yolk like substance. Is this normal for a female? I an't fine any information anywhere on this, or about this. Meadow as been breed at least twice to my knowledge.

Anyone out there know what this is all about?

Thanks,

meadowsmommy

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
It sounds like she is laying infertile eggs, which is normal, but she NEEDS a laying box or she will very easily become egg-bound if she doesn't lay them soon. Use the search function on this site and you'll find tons of old topics on this and how to make a lay box.

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
THANK You!!!

I just read some older posts and she's digging etc...so it all makes sense!! I wish I had know earlier and I would have run downtown to get some sand ( we use non adhesive shelf liner in the viv's). I will do it first thing in the morning. I hope she is okay untill then!!! We just got her 3 days ago.

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
Okay My friend had a completely unopend bag of play sand. So I put a rubber maid box 1/2-3/4 full of sand ( its not a big box). I was ready older posts and I can't fit a BIG rubber maid in her terraium. I put in in, she hopped in, and then she turned green again ( she's usually white, has been off colour since we got her). She is currenlty just sitting in the sand looking around. Not digging, just chillin. Have I gone about this in the right manner?

Thanks for any help!! :oops:

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
Meadow hung out in her box for about 25 minutes, she looked rather irritated since she tunred a green colour again. She did not dig. When she hopped out she went back to her normal white colour.

Question though: Will she have many eggs? Or just a few here and there? I was reading older posts and it looks like it could be either or. I felt her tummy and I dont feel anything hard and egg like. Although the ones she was laying were soft and fatty on the outside, no shell.

meadowsmommy

Original Poster
I have been giving her a tub everyday. I let her hang in it untill the water gets cold or she hops out on her own. I have been giving her crix everyday, and dusting her salad. Boy did she eat yesterday!!!! Hungry girl.
Thanks for the help...after having a male, a femal sure is a different ball of wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom