Is this an okay setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmglakewood

Hatchling Member
Okay I'm still working on getting everything setup in my tank. It's a lot of trial and error. Things that I think will be perfect my beardie says "umm no thanks".

Right now I have a 75 gallon tank setup. I'm using the following

1 - 48" zilla tank hood heat / uvb combo
2 - 25 watt bulb to keep the cool side at 80's during the day, and one to help heat up the basking spot
1 - 75 watt bulb to raise the heat of his basking spot.
1 - Zilla Desert 50 UVB Fluorescent Bulb 28 Watt T5 48 Inch - It's the only bulb that fits the enclosure =/

I setup a great basking spot for him and it was 103-105 degress and it was a nice spot for him to lay around and enjoy. He deiced that he didn't want to bask there he would rather lay on his rock on the bottom of the tank. So I repositioned the lights (I now have a 75w and a 25w facing him) however his basking area only gets to 100-100.5 degrees. His UVB is about 14-16" away from his basking spot and about 18" from the ground. I do keep his water in the tank, but this humidity is so low still. With the sensor right next to his water it only registers 35%. With the sensor anywhere else in the tank it's too low to even measure.

He's been like this for 2 days now and seems to be okay. I'm just curious to see if you guys see anything wrong with this setup? His colors are fine, usually he will darken up if he's cold. He's easting fine and moving around just fine. Today he played in his water for like 30 minutes. All in all he seems happy, I'm just making sure everything is okay with this setup before I decide to leave it this way.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom