Is this a Dubia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozy

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/uhsnpd5lbqnw0x4/Tabh2Bu0Ob

I'm new to dubia roaches. (roaches in general) I'm only on my second order. I was feeding my Beardies this evening, and noticed one looks different than the others... Can someone tell me what is going on with this? did i get an ugly duckling, or is this a different species?

(I'm holding a dubia in place to show the difference)
thanks in advance!

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Hmm I've seen some "warped" looking ones that almost have a strange little bend in their bodied but none like that. I wish I could help you. Could he just be a deformed dubia? Hopefully others will have an insight.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
That looks to me like a nymph moments away from molting, with each
of the individual segments in the old skin "stretched" to fill out the new body size.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen a few in my colony that look like that before.
Haven't really paid any attention to them though.

Rozy

Original Poster
That makes sense. It looks as though it's about to die today. This came from my feeder tub.. I don't provide them humidity other than the water gel. My house is pretty dry right now with the heat running so much. I tend to over worry about the dragons (and their food)

Thanks you for the replies!

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
Pretty much what Soulwind said and when they are going to molt they kind of become inactive and seem to stick their legs onto an egg crate and then the top/head splits and they slowly wiggle out. House humidity is usually fine. Dubias can thrive in a lot less humidity than other roaches. If you are really worried, cover most of the top and the water crystals should raise the humidity and/or add a Gatorade or a bottle that bottled water comes in and poke small holes in the lid and set it in there on top of the heat and it will add humidity but as long your roaches are shedding ok and you aren't having ones dying stuck in molt, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom