is this a concern toe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt3

How long has it been like that? It's hard to tell in the picture, but I don't see a nail and it looks discolored. You'll have to look closely at it yourself and determine if there's a nail or not. It may have gotten caught in something and torn off, which isn't unheard of among adventurous beardies but still requires attention. Apply some neosporin 2-3 times daily and keep an eye out for swelling, limping, etc.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Looks like part of his toe has been bitten off. Was he like this when you bough him or do you have him housed with another dragon? Keep it clean and use neosporin on it. If it gets infected he will need a vet.

Mama2mc

What kind of substrate is he on? What kind of furniture does he have? Maybe he caught it in something and pulled the nail off? Could something have fallen on his toe?

Gail

BD.org Addict
No, it will not grow back but it won't cause any problems once its healed. Remove the sand, it will stick to the wound and cause problems. You can use paper towels or newspaper for now. Give him a bath to clean the toe and apply neosporin. If you have any iodine you can add that to the water until it looks like weak tea, this will go a long way to stopping any infection. Don't let him drink any water with iodine in it.
How long have you had him? toe nips are common at pets stores due to crowded conditions and inadequate food. My guy is missing most of the same toe, doesn't bother him a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom