Is this a big problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjanowski

Alright so this is my first post here. And I have a question. I just got my 3 year old beardie a whole new updated cage. And while I was changing the UVB light, I looked on the back of it and I noticed a note which I havnt seen before. It says that if I needed to use the UVB rays then I need to take the lens off because it acted like a filter. And stupid me had it on for three fricken years!!! Is this a big problem?

Yes, you need to take the lens off, but at least you know now so your beardie will now be getting proper UVB. Don't feel bad... it was an honest mistake lots of us have made. When I first got into beardies, I did the same thing before this wonderful forum enlightened me. Good luck with your beardie.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
im sorry if this is a real daft question but what? ive just checked my uvb tubes and theres no note stating that, is this a particular bulb? please elaborate?

LJean

Extreme Poster
It is the fixture that the lens or plastic cover has to come off of, not a light, I would assume.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
oh ok :oops: :oops: :oops:
because i was thinking oh my gosh im an ***** all this time ive had my dragons and their not getting sufficient uvb. thats awful.
lol

pjanowski

Original Poster
Yes it is the actual fixture, not the light. But I took the lens off and I hope all will be good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom