Is there anyone who can tell me if i've got a barbata (Easte

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,

I think I may have an eastern bearded dragon on my hands rather than a central.

If anyone think's they will be able to tell the difference would you mind letting me know so we can discuss characteristics and I can send some photo's for you to look at??

Thanks very much,

Nikki :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

I can help you. I would be very surprised if you have a Barbata, they are very rare. :D Where did you get your dragon? I will look for you though. If you want to send me pictures, I will take a look for you. I will PM you my email.

Tracie

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Nikki
Can you post the pics here so we can take a look.It would definately be very cool if you did indeed have a barbata.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Nikki,

Yeah, you can post pics here too, of course. :mrgreen:

Tracie

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well if i'm correct and Tracie confirms my suspicions I will post some but it's the beardie who is in my sig

Her behaviour is very similar to the little bit i've read about them, and although she looks a chocolatey brown, she's usually a very dark brown/black colour and only goes lighter brown when she's sleeping, she is the only one we have who often gets her beard out, and is the only one we've ever had hiss at us and gape and go a bit mental lol. She also has the very flat and triangular shaped head...just seems that the evidence is piling up!

Nikki

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
G'day Nikki,

Did you get it as a juvie, during the juvie phase of all barbatas they have this unusual circular markings on top of their nose, kinda like 3 circles put together. They usually have this till 6 months of age. If it did not have this as a juvie then it would not be a barbata, I could not tell properly from your sig so it could quite possibly be a barbata seeing as you are in England and not the US.

Post a full body pic and a detailed head pic as well.

Cheers

Kyro

I live in Qld Australia where there are barbata everywhere & I also keep & breed both vitticeps & barbata, going on the pics in your sig i'm confident to say it's a vitticeps.

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi,

Tracie confirmed that she's not a barbata - and now i've seen the pictures Tracie has I can see too!

Thanks everyone,

Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom