is that ok for his sleeping pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy98

after basking and eating for a good part of the day, i take ozzy out to lay on my chest. to get him to sleep, i rub between his eyes and hes fast asleep. is that normal? and it doesnt get cold at my house so sometimes i have him laying on my chest through the night and when i wake up, hes in the exact same position he was in before i fell asleep. is that ok? keepin him out and what not?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
As long as he is getting uvb for most of the day and proper heat before and after eating,then he'll be fine sleeping on you.
It's actually quite sweet when they do that. As for the rubbing between his eyes, yes that's perfectly normal. My girl likes to be rubbed under her chin.

Dawn

Ozzy98

Original Poster
when they're in that real deep sleep, do they have shallow breathing or something?
i can watch him sleep for 1 or two minutes and see only like, 5 or 6 breaths....

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
yea they sleep like they are almost dead, they lower their breathing very very low when they are in a deep sleep...this is normal

Ozzy98

Original Poster
ahh thank you SO much. every now and then
i had to check on him to make sure he wasnt
dead or something! thank you, i was just worried!

:D :blob8: :D

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
We've lost an hour of sleep here and there because it looked like beardie wasn't breathing -- glad we're not the only ones!

Ozzy98

Original Poster
yea, and i hated having to wake him up too!
every time i would wake him up, he would
open his eyes and wiggle like a worm!

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
haha, it's like, "Hey, I was comfy and snoozing, whaddya want?!?" :lol: Glad you have a snuggly one! We love Crash's snuggles, and Xena (our rescue) is warming up nicely, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom