Is she starting to brumate or....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Hello,

Just a quick question, Smid (1.5yrs) has been acting a bit strange lately - she hasn't been eating as much as normal - maybe one worm a day instead of 5 and of course she eats the butterworm, not the supers... and she isn't touching her greens. Well that is unless when I get home and move her from her hammock or stick to right in front of the bowls, then she may or may not eat... She isn't sleeping or hiding out in her cave - just relaxing and not eating.

Last night I had my tent set up in the house to dry out from the weekend and she toured all around it licking so she is still curious - but not eating. Any ideas what is going on? The temps are all good and the MVB is approaching 5 months old.

Liz

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think so, but she has never not eaten before, even when she was shedding all the time. Hopefully that is all it is

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Just keep an eye on her ( as if you wouldn't !) and keep us posted. Perhaps a change in feeders could be in order. What are you feeding her ?
Oh, and bath her on a daily basis, until she is finished with her shed. My 3 boys won't eat, won't do much of anything, while shedding. Just has the shed grumps.
After wards, though, they dash through a whole lot of salad and feeders !
Janie.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She's been eating superworms and butters (4-1) since Feb - maybe she's sick of them - I know I would be if I ate the same thing all the time. I tried pw's but they were so small, expensive and a lot came out whole. I've been thinking of horn or silk worms but didn't want to order them if she wasn't eating... but maybe i'll try and get my hands on a few. I already bathe her every second day, so i'll just cater to the little princess a bit more :D

Thanks

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Quite welcome. Oh something else just occurred to me. Could she possibly be gravid with infertile eggs ? Is she doing a lot of digging in and out of her viv ?
Janie.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no, thankfully no digging is going on, but i'll keep my eyes open for that.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
To be sure. Maybe she is just pouting..... My boys tend to do that if they think they are properly attended to. Anyhow, the answer should resolve itself in a week or so ;)
Janie.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think I have figured it out.... I tried putting just her greens in before I go to work and feeding the protein when I get home.

Day 1 - very few greens left and all worms gone in seconds of being in the cage.

Day 2 - didn't touch greens until the worms were brought out

I think she is pouting as I have gone back to work and moved two provinces away from my boyfriend so it's just her and me, and a me that is away apparently more then Smid thinks is necessary. Hopefully this works (and I also think she is starting to shed)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom