Is She Eating Enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKRsBeardie

Hatchling Member
We don't know the age of our little Safearra, she is 6 1/2 inches long and the sales clerk said she was "about a couple months". She has eaten every day since we brought her home, eating more each day. Today she ate 18 crickets this morning, didn't touch her salad (kale, yellow squash adn zucinni). Tonight she ate 31 crickets before stopping. I have ordered some small reptiworms and they will be here Thursday. I am hoping to put them in the same dish with her salad to see if she will try the salad too. She started off averaging about 18 crickets a day at most and within a week she is up to 50.
Does it sound like she is eating enough?

jharris08

Juvie Member
that sounds like a good number of crickets ( considering that they are a good size for the dragon) per day.
one thing I would suggest if possible is to offer salad first thing b4 even offering crickets...that may solve the not eating veggies issue, and metabolic rates are higher in the morning for dragons which leads them to eat better sometimes a couple hours after their lights come on. try it and see if it works

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
That is what my guy was eating for crickets sounds right. Right now at 4 months he eats 40 repti worms a day..... As far as the salad have you tried to hand feed it to her? I got my guy eating by taking a leaf and wiggling it in front of him as if it was a wrom. Took about a week b4 he was eating it on his own. I also would hold the dish up to his face and let him eat out of it so he knew this dish means food. Just my 2 cents. Let us know how it goes!

Miller

BKRsBeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your advice. The crickets are small, no bigger then the space between her eyes. Only problem is mornings she doesn't eat much of anything. She pigs at night, but no matter when she eats...aI have to push the crickets in front of her. I will definetly try hand feeding the salad, hopefully she will start eating it. I am also picking up diferent kind of veggies just incase she doesn't care for the kale.
Again, thank you for your help.

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
BKRsBeardie said:
Only problem is mornings she doesn't eat much of anything.

How long after you turn on her lights do you feed her?

Reason why I am asking is because if you try and feed her before the cage and herself is warmed up she won't eat. You need to wait between 45mins to an hour before feeding her after you turn the lights on.

Maybe this is the problem!!!! Help it helps

Miller.

BKRsBeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you for your advice. The crickets are small, no bigger then the space between her eyes. Only problem is mornings she doesn't eat much of anything.We turn her lighta on and wait for about an hour or so before feeding. I have noticed on the day i waited over 2 hours she ate more. She pigs at night, but no matter when she eats...aI have to push the crickets in front of her. I will definetly try hand feeding the salad, hopefully she will start eating it. I am also picking up diferent kind of veggies just incase she doesn't care for the kale.
Again, thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom