Is Sammy being lazy or what??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, for the past days she doesn't want to get out of her hiding cave and I dont know if is normal. She is aproximately 5 months and when I take her out of her hiding spot almost by the force she eats and act normal but if I let her, she stays the hole day in the cave. Please somebody take me out of worry and ignorance. I just want to know if she is fine.

Josh48329

It sounds like she is beginning to brumate possibly. It's about the right time of year for her to slow down and become less active. Then again, 5 months seems a bit young....

This link seems decent at providing info on it through various owners and helping you to determine if it is that or if she is in fact sick:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/ktosney/file/BDbrumate.html

This one is a bit more "scientific", rather than being from the standpoint of owners:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/

sammyjackson

Original Poster
Thanks, I read the info. and is very helpful but , I'm going to observe her tomorrow and see if she continue this way. Right now she is sheding the hole tail and the head so I dont know if this have something to do with her behavior but I'll keep an eye on her. She is young and that's what worries me.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Have you had a fecal done? He could have a problem with parasites. Is he loosing weight? I would get him to a good herp vet. There could be something wrong. It's possible, however, that if the room he's in is too cold, he could be responding to the cold room, even tho his viv temps are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom