Is my set up good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I would like your opinons on my beardies home. It is a 45 gallon bow front, 36''L,12''w,18''w at the center, and 24'' deep. I have made a nice basking spot out of rocks and one of those reptile ramps. I also have a 150w solar glow MVB for lighting.

IMG_0373_zps4ac8352a.jpg

IMG_0372_zpsaf338231.jpg

IMG_0374_zps5bee8f54.jpg

A little info about my dragon. I'm pretty sure it's a female, I had my friend that breeds them show me how to tell at young ages. He/She is only 4 months old and already 12 inches long! Also, this is the most energetic bearded dragon I have had. :D

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Hi there. You setup looks like it should be ok for your dragon a for a little while. You'll want to consider something larger in the future though, as she has already almost out grown that bow front. Since she is so active you'll want to provide her with space to exercise and stay healthy. In the mean time sheikhs enjoy some thick branches or other furniture to climb on.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How far is the MVB from the basking spot? You'll want it to be about 12'' or so away and add a halogen flood light or basking bulb to provide additional heat to get the basking area up to 105 or so.

nightnero253

Original Poster
CooperDragon":iggf3j83 said:
How far is the MVB from the basking spot? You'll want it to be about 12'' or so away and add a halogen flood light or basking bulb to provide additional heat to get the basking area up to 105 or so.

The MVB is 15-16 inches away from the basking spot, and that bulb makes the basking spot exactly 97, and I also have ceramic heat emitter that puts it up to 107. Do you think I will need to get a bigger home for my beardie as it grows?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK that's fine. You may need something larger. It depends on how big she gets and how cramped she seems. The more space the better in general. After about 8 months I upgraded from a 20gal to an exo-terra 36x18x18 which is about the same size as what you have now. A lot of people suggest 4'x2'x2' as a good standard. I liked having the doors open in the front for easy access without having to move lights around. It looks like you still have a bit of time before you would need to upsize though.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
A good rule of thumb is 2xlength long, 1xlenght for height and width. Keeping in mind that still only gives enough room to turn around and walk a little ways before hitting a wall, which realistically is probably a bit cramped. The more space the better.

nightnero253

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I plan on building a 4'x2'x2' for her when she starts getting big. Also, do anyone have the blueprints for that cross fire viv? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom