is my salad lacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iradog85

How does everyone do their beardie salads? I've just been buying one veggie at a time and tearing that up for him. He only gets one type of green at a time. Is it bad for him to only get one at a time?

Do you buy a few diff ones, chop them up and store them in a ziplock bag or what? It isn't practical for me to buy 2 or 3 diff veggies at a time since he's so small (4 months) and doesn't consume a large quantity. All ideas/suggestions are welcome.

P.S. The more detailed an explanation, the better. I'm really into details. :blob8: :study: :D

lyndra

I can't answer your first question, because I'm new to beardies, but I can describe how I feed ours (3 and 6 months old). Since they are growing a lot and have a big requirement for calcium I use a calcium rich type of leafy veggie as the base every day. I rotate between dandelion greens, mustard greens, collard greens, endive and escarole. They get at least one of these chopped up every day. To that I add a combination of cilantro, green peas, green beans, cactus leaf, cactus pear, corn, banana and butternut squash, sweet potato, zucchini, yams, blueberries, raspberries, banana, apple, mint, romaine. I usually pick about three out of the previous list and rotate throughout the week. They get fruit maybe once or twice a week. Our beardies aren't that keen on foods that aren't green, so in order to trick them I finely grate the apple, squash, sweet potato and yams. Most of these items we eat too, so I don't have a huge grocery bill for our reptile food. I also use leftovers to gut load the crickets and roaches.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom