Is my Rex safe with these logs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

andresm

Hey all.. I'm a new beardie owner and well I just upgraded Rex's home, I got him a bigger tank. I was wondering if it was safe for Rex if I used logs that I found outside

I've cleaned them in bleach and removed loose pieces of bark. I've also heard that baking the logs for about 10 or 15 min will help remove any bacteria. There stil not in the tank, I wanna be sure first.

Just for reference, Rex is about 6in STL, he's still a little baby! Thank you all in advance!!!

SarahUK

Just to be sure, did you rinse the bleach off thoroughly? If you'd like to bake them it's approx 30 mins at 350 degrees F.

andresm

Original Poster
Yeah I did. I bleached them and washed it off. I baked them for about 30 min at 320F and they seem fine. My beardie is loving them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom