is my light too bright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thechink09

Hatchling Member
i have a 75 tight beam Sun Glow basking spot lamp and a Reptisun 10.0 UVB Tube light.

lately i have noticed that my BD only leaves one eye open most of the time unless i move the basking lamp away.

is the basking lamp too bright for him? or is the Reptisun hurting his eyes?

myzeak

Hatchling Member
I think it would be the sun glow. You might be over loading you dragon with uvb or it may be a bad bulb. How old it your repti sun, and how close can your dragon get to it? you might want to try and get a bright white light for the basking bulb. it should help filter out the Light from the Repti Sun.

thechink09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
myzeak":1w02kw24 said:
I think it would be the sun glow. You might be over loading you dragon with uvb or it may be a bad bulb. How old it your repti sun, and how close can your dragon get to it? you might want to try and get a bright white light for the basking bulb. it should help filter out the Light from the Repti Sun.

as far as i know the sunglow doesnt put out any uvb but i could be wrong.

thats the bulb

http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-incandescent-bulbs/501544/exo-terra-sun-glo-tight-beam-basking-bulbs.html

is there a better bulb for him that you would recommend?

my reptisun is like brand new. i just got it a week ago, and he can get within 6inches where he basks.

thechink09

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i look into that light and i cant see, so im wondering if he cant see because its too bright.

im sure that sounded stupid, but i dont really know anything about reptiles' eyes. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom