Is my dragon possibly an eastern beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

As7111

Original Poster
Hello! I just signed up to this forum and I had a question. I rescued a 2 year old dragon ~1 year ago who I named Rex. Rex is a little on the shorter side at 17 inches. Rex can also be feisty sometimes and loves to run and head bob. Today, Rex was doing his usual running on the floor and head bobbing and when I picked up Rex to put him back into his enclosure for dinner, he opened his mouth in an angry way. I saw that his mouth was pretty yellow. I learned a while ago that central bearded dragons had normal pink mouths and that eastern dragons had yellow mouths. I thought that Rex was just a normal central bearded dragon, but maybe he could be an eastern dragon (barbata)? I was just wondering if anyone else knew. Thanks!

I put a few pictures in here. One of me trying to open Rex’s mouth for a picture and a few others are picture of Rex himself. Rex is usually dark but will sometimes get super light when he is angry or sleeping.
8FC6138D-C3C7-4F69-B085-A798536ACD4B.jpeg
22E3C93B-DD50-43F3-98B3-1204821D9C29.jpeg
DF6DE909-1B87-4B7F-9522-9ACD30A6A1D9.jpeg

Solution
Hi there, despite Rex being a bit feisty and having a yellow tint in his mouth , he is a central pogona vitticeps aka the usual type we have as pets. :) It's not uncommon for some beardies to have that color in their mouths. I must say that Rex looks quite chill in that last pic though, so he might be upset if he knew that you claimed him to be feisty !

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, despite Rex being a bit feisty and having a yellow tint in his mouth , he is a central pogona vitticeps aka the usual type we have as pets. :) It's not uncommon for some beardies to have that color in their mouths. I must say that Rex looks quite chill in that last pic though, so he might be upset if he knew that you claimed him to be feisty !

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom