Is my boy a girl and my girl a boy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
I took some "personal" pics of the babies today, because yesterday holding them, I thought I might have gotten their sexes reversed when I attempted to tell at about 2.5 months. Now I'm thinking my "boy" (Ponce) might be a girl and my "girl" (Feliz) might be a boy. Your thoughts?

IMG_2972.jpg
IMG_2975.jpg

Emily&Uluru

Juvie Member
Have your beardies got little dots on there bottom?ifthey have have they are boys here is a few signs if your bearded dragon is a boy:it has lumps on its head, and a big/biger head, it is very likely to be a boy.Here is some signs for a girl bearded dragon: Does not have dots on bottom, does not have lumps on head, and is small and the boys are big."lumps" the real name for them is Horns(Not devil horns lol)."dots on bottom they are blacky grey marks a bit like small lumps if you feel them.Hope I helped!Emily. :D

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Interesting. I thought the only true way to tell was to look at the vent area. Hmmm... Thanks for sharing!

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Sure looks to me like the first one is a boy (Im 99% certain he is) and the second one is most likely a girl. The girl doesn't have the side by side bulges just a small raised area in the center... or it may not even be raised.

HUGS

Sandi

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
First one is a boy,Pounce may still be up in the air but judging by the pic I say girl also.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The kids are thrilled ; ) They wanted Ponce to be a girl and Feliz to be a boy initially (because my son "owns" Feliz and my daughter "owns" Ponce). So, now they get what they want! : ) It's funny too, because Ponce has head bobbed more and Feliz used to arm wave. Feliz was the more submissive one of the two when they were together. Ponce is a little bigger and has a bigger head. But, I think the vent pics are pretty clear and it's even more obvious in person. Thanks for your help!

LJean

Extreme Poster
I can't see anything at all with Ponce, but Feliz I see two bulges, so boy would be my guess.

mischa

Juvie Member
Emily&Uluru":2ce4a said:
Have your beardies got little dots on there bottom?ifthey have have they are boys here is a few signs if your bearded dragon is a boy:it has lumps on its head, and a big/biger head, it is very likely to be a boy.Here is some signs for a girl bearded dragon: Does not have dots on bottom, does not have lumps on head, and is small and the boys are big."lumps" the real name for them is Horns(Not devil horns lol)."dots on bottom they are blacky grey marks a bit like small lumps if you feel them.Hope I helped!Emily. :D
Actually these are incorrect methods the only real true way is to look at the lumps on the ventral side just at the base of the tail, 2 vertical lumps parallel to each other= male- 1 lump in the center= female! :lol:

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm sure sometimes those characteristics *do* go along with the sex (some are mentioned in my dragon book as I looked back after you posted), they just aren't always indicators. So, for example, in this case neither of them seems to have a lumpy head and they are a little young for femoral pores. But, the one that seems to be a boy is actually the smaller of the two and has a smaller head : ) Go figure!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
vickson420":16729 said:
First one is a boy,Pounce may still be up in the air but judging by the pic I say girl also.
I agree Ponce is questionable still.....it almost looks like I can see femoral pores. Possibly?
But Feliz is definitely a boy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom