Is my Beardie stressed or just colorful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your basking surface should be around 105-110 for a baby.

You can bump that number by trying a different bulb (household bulbs work as long as they aren't LEDs or CFLs) a higher wattage bulb, lowering your basking lamp closer, or raising your basking surface closer.

Are you using a probe end or temp gun? If probe let it rest in place for 5 to 10 minutes to get a good reading.

If your basking surface temp is good, just make sure you have a gradient down to around 75-80 on the cool end

-Brandon

wrestlingwookie

Original Poster
I've gotten the temps up to 80 on the cool side and 96 on the warm side, which are ambient, and the basking is around 98 now as a surface temp. I think I'm finally getting it where it should be, but let me tell ya, he is awfully moody with all the changes. Also, I think he's getting reflections from the brighter light and reacting to his reflection. Any easy fixes for that?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well that's definitely a step in the right direction! All the changes could definitely be bothering him. But hopefully things settle out soon for him so he can start to relax.

For reflections, a lot of people put stuff on the outside of the glass (paper, posters, backgrounds, etc.) So that only the front glass is exposed.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom