Is my beardie shedding, or is there an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
My beardie has had this strange tail thing, it looked a little lighter at first, but now it looks sorta the color of a shed??? Idk how to explain it, like orange grey with the pattern he has. I can't take a picture atm, but I found this image that sorta looks like it rn. I don't know if this was because of the recent bulb changes, but I would like to know. Here's the image I found on google that looks like it:
Top 6 Safe & Effective Ways To Help a Shedding Bearded Dragon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie has had this strange tail thing, it looked a little lighter at first, but now it looks sorta the color of a shed??? Idk how to explain it, like orange grey with the pattern he has. I can't take a picture atm, but I found this image that sorta looks like it rn. I don't know if this was because of the recent bulb changes, but I would like to know. Here's the image I found on google that looks like it:
Top 6 Safe & Effective Ways To Help a Shedding Bearded Dragon
That dragons tail is shedding

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Then pepper must be shedding. Should I bathe him? He seems grumpy and gets really mad when I pick him up to clean out his cage (crickets find places to squeeze themselves in. so do mealworms.)
Shedding makes them crabby and can effect their appetite I have ahbd taking a look at him as well- as far as shedding let it do it's thing when the shed gets real dry and crackly you can mist him and take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him the loose stuff will come off

AFirst-TimeLizardOwner

Original Poster
Shedding makes them crabby and can effect their appetite I have ahbd taking a look at him as well- as far as shedding let it do it's thing when the shed gets real dry and crackly you can mist him and take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him the loose stuff will come off
I have a... tad of an issue. I checked on him a couple days ago and its... gone. I looked all around his enclosure, and there wasn't a shed. Do they like.. eat it, or was it a different thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom