Is my beardie brumating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudmedic

My bearded dragon is about a year old. She usually lays on a vine in her tank, under her basking spot. The tank is set up to have a hot side and a cool side. The warmer side stays at about 108 degrees. The cool side stays at about 85 degrees. She is staying in a cave on the cool side. She only comes out to eat and then quickly goes back inside. She has not pooped in a week, and she usually poops every 2-3-4 days. She is getting crickets twice a week and greens every day besides the two cricket days. Sometimes she will not be fed for a day. I am getting worried about her because she burrows into the back of her cave. She does not spend much time outside of it. I do not know if she is brumating, laying infertile eggs (shes not with another beardie) , or just having abnormal behavior. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you!

mudmedic

Original Poster
We have never bathed her, but I have heard that it helps them poop. Should I bathe her often? And should I bathe her when she is brumating? If so, what temperature should the water be at? Thank you!! If you have any more knowledge about brumating beardies please tell me anything that will help. Again, thank you.

Fogles

Juvie Member
mudmedic":de798 said:
ok. I bathed her this morning. It was her first bath. She loved it. Thank you!!

Yep, It's okay if she doesn't drink/lick the water, they absorb the water through their vent. Try to bathe her every other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom