Is my bearded dragon small?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i use a reptisun 10.0 tube how will my beardie get uva? at the moment I have a ceramic heat bulb and then a coil bulb which emits uva and uvb

dragonLove1

Hi There,

I believe you have same notions i had with my first bearded dragon. I call him Arny. He is a muscular dominating male among other bearded dragon in the tank. He is growing big. I have another male bearded dragon who is smaller in size in comparison to Arny. I think it is natural for some to grow big or small. So i was earlier concerned about the size of the bearded dragon but i researched many websites and found that it is alright. Some website I believe they also offer free book and advice regarding your pet.

So was arny very small when young? i'm just worried he wont grow big at all and will stay this tiny size for the rest of his life! did you change anything in order to get him growing a bit more or did he just grow on his own?

Vacren

Juvie Member
dragonLove1":1sj3piyg said:
Hi There,

I believe you have same notions i had with my first bearded dragon. I call him Arny. He is a muscular dominating male among other bearded dragon in the tank. He is growing big. I have another male bearded dragon who is smaller in size in comparison to Arny. I think it is natural for some to grow big or small. So i was earlier concerned about the size of the bearded dragon but i researched many websites and found that it is alright. Some website I believe they also offer free book and advice regarding your pet.

You have one large and one small dragon because one is in fact dominant and the other is afraid to eat. Stress has caused the little he does eat to be improperly digested. You need to separate them before they kill each other.

moongypsy

kngofnwyk":2om8x0gh said:
I purchased a bearded dragon about 2 weeks ago, I was told he is 5- 6 months old he is 7 inches long.After alot of online research I gathered he may not only be small but underdeveloped.What (if anything) can I do to maybe help him grow faster or make up for the care he was never given? I'm assuming he wasn't taken care of very well,although small he's very
agile and energetic he eats between 5-15 crickets per day (3 feedings) and collard greens I always leave for him. And also
can the size of his tank keep him small? Thank you for any feedback

I had the same question! thank you.

kngofnwyk

Original Poster
He is now 15 inches long and twice the girth, eats 25-40 large crickets per day plus veggies and i throw in a few waxworms.Just feed him accordingly and he should be fine, I dust 5 days calcium and 2 days herptivite. gl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom