Is my bearded dragon sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
There are several meter Exo Terra. Can you be a bit more specific than that?
I still think that the problem is humidity. You mist that much for a tropical pet to get really high humidity levels.
Why did she give you parasite medicine? Why would she suspect that at all if he hasn't pooed in a while?
If you're still having trouble with pooping, you should give him some pumpkin or baby food squash to get her to poo.
You should take some picture of your viv and dragon. To post a picture, first upload it here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/#new
and then when you go to post, click the XIMG button and select your image.

syoung27

Hatchling Member
How is your beardie doing? Please try and stay up to date in the thread. You seem to have been heavily misguided and your vet shouldn't have immediately given anything for parasites without doing a stool sample.
If you have what is called a "reptiglo" that is probably fairly old as well. Exo Terra changed the model names a while ago and sorted out (hopefully) an issue that "reptiglo" created with beardies eyes. So you probably need a new uvb. And I'm sure I have (had) the exact same dial thermometer you're referring to and it's so far off from accurate it should be banned.
Most definitely respiratory issue if there is fluid around the mouth. You don't need to mist and shouldn't at all really anyways. Your beardie should get near sufficient hydration from well kept live feeders. You can drip water onto it's snout for it to lick if need be or give him a bath.
You should give him a bath anyways because it sounds like the poor guy is suffering from impaction/constipation as well.
Your lighting set up needs to be revised.
Hope he's doing okay...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing? Let us know how he is coming along for us.

Tracie

I'm sorry if you take anything I have to say the wrong way but understand it is out of concern for your beardies health. I highly doubt you're maintaing 30-45% humidity with misting 3 times a day and a water supply inside the enclosure. It sounds like to me with your heating sources (assuming it is at least a 30 gal breeder tank) that your humidity levels of your enclosure is more in the range of 50-70. That is just my personal belief. Most people have trouble even maintaining 15-25% (optimal) humidity with only just a water supply. I only keep a water rock in both of mine one day each week, on the opposite side of the week where they receive a bath (Monday water bowl day & Friday bath day) it's believed most hydration needed actually comes from what's absorbed in a weekly bath. It's most certainly a respiratory infection. But also I might be wrong about your humidity levels because you did mention you had sand which could be absorbing and retaining most of the sand. Which unless your beardie is over a year old you need to do away with and buy Eco Carpet. I personally recommend it for all ages of beardie because you can't go wrong. It's cheaper and easier to clean. I have two cut for both enclosures so when my beardies defecate on the carpet. All I do is remove the carpet and replace it. If you are having trouble reaching 15-25% humidity though, buy very small fan and angle it so it blows above and away from the enclosure. You may have to raise the temperature to do so. Good luck with your beardie and I hope he gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom