Is my Baby bearded Dragon Ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got him a week ago he a baby bearded dragon maybe about 7 weeks ago. He was eating fine. but yesterday morning he looked very weak. I gave him 4 baths in the past 2 days to see if he was impacted! But he seems to poop fine. Right now his hot side reads at exactly 110 and cool side 75 degrees. Also i don't use sand i use paper towels. He seems a lot weaker right now. He moves only a little & I gave him water a few hours ago and he was drinking fine. It look like he was a hard time keeping his eyes open. I just picked him up and he seems half dead :(. He only reacts when i pick him up and put him on his back! Also his chin is black. I always dusted my crickets & greens in calcium!

The problem that i think was my UVB light. I had it on the cool side and he would never be under the UVB Light. Also i had a very weak one it was the reptisun 5.0 UVB Compact Fluorescent Lamp! I bought a tank that came with "every thing you need to set up a bearded dragon cage" But i guess that was not the right thing! He was been under the wrong UVB Light for around a week! Is it to late? Today i just picked him up the PowerSun UV Light 100w! He is under the light and hope he can recover I was going to buy him the Fluorescent Bulb but they did not had them in stock! Should i leave the powersun on the whole night? He doesn't Tremors or twitches yet, He just seem sleepy also i have the red light but heard it disturbers his sleeping cycle! Or should i leave that red one at night?!
He shed 2 days after we got him so about 6 days ago. He seemed so healthy a few days ago! I'm buying a Long UVB Light online! So will keep the PowerSun Uv On for now.!
Can you send me links with the Right UVB Light & a stand for the Light?

If you want to help me! PLZ REPLY HERE OR email me!
[email protected]

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it may be from the lights you had, or he may have gotten overheated. What size tank is he in ? The Powersun is a good bulb, but don't leave any lights on at night. Hopefully with the new bulb and extra hydration and calcium he will bounce back.

CrownMessi

Original Poster
He is in a 20 gallon. And i read that baby food would be helpful aswell. how far away should my light bulb be from my bearded dragon?

sue09

Hatchling Member
Please dont put him on his back thats really bad as they dont have diaphrams and cant breath when laid on their backs,hope he is a lot better soon,,Sue

CrownMessi

Original Poster
sue09":2hdokcsi said:
Please dont put him on his back thats really bad as they dont have diaphrams and cant breath when laid on their backs,hope he is a lot better soon,,Sue

I didn't.... I just want to see if he would react to it...for just a second...don't worry.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
CrownMessi":r4kbumvu said:
He is in a 20 gallon. And i read that baby food would be helpful aswell. how far away should my light bulb be from my bearded dragon?

With the PowerSun or any MVB, the general rule of thumb is 12''-14'' from the basking spot as they are pretty intense. You can add a small basking light to the mix if the temps are too low at that distance.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sorry to hear that your baby beardie isn't acting right.

Can you fill us in on the type of thermometer you're using, a digital strip, round gauge (dial), temperature gun or a digital with a long wire & probe end? You had mentioned that the "hot side reads exactly 110 and the cool side 75 degrees". Where exactly are you checking the temps?

We usually don't recommend using a mercury vapor bulb on a tank any smaller than a 40 gallon breeder because of the intense UV output. Is the Power Sun sitting on top of the screen or is it on a lamp stand?

Would be a good idea him frequent baths in case he is dehydrated as babies can go downhill very fast if that happens. How often had you been bathing him before?

Had you been dusting all of his crickets & greens with calcium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom