Is my baby a Rankin's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Where are you located, in the US or Australia?
There are no Eastern bearded dragons here in the US though. Rankins are in the US but not all that many.
It is a little early to see if it is Rankins, though, but it has nice markings.

Tracie

ThisIsAUsedName65714

Original Poster
Mustashio":32856sdb said:
luvmybeardies":32856sdb said:
she is so cute. Our Dragon looked like that .

I too bought our first dragon from petsmart and it was the smallest one very dark and very active. but after the first 2 weeks she started to act funny and ended up at the vet for what we thought was dehydration and she ended up dying .turns out she had some parasites. being it was our first and she was so active and eating we did not know until it was too late. but the vet told us sometimes the signs don't show until it is too late.

Now i am not saying that will happen to yours just be careful and watch her. ( the breeder replaced ours and she was teeny tiny when we got her and is now 4m and growing and doing great)

Bought our scaley baby at PetSmart and had the exact thing happen. Full of parasites and low calcium. Went to the vet 2weeks after we brought him home and 2 visits, 2 rounds of meds, syringe feeding for a week and $150 later, we had saved our baby beardie! PetSmart did end up reimbursing us for the entire vet bill, but we were sooooo scared we were going to lose him!

IMG_7511.jpg

Your little one is very unique with the really dark colors! Black beauty!

~Jill

Thank you.

ThisIsAUsedName65714

Original Poster
Drache613 said:
Hello,

Where are you located, in the US or Australia?
There are no Eastern bearded dragons here in the US though. Rankins are in the US but not all that many.
It is a little early to see if it is Rankins, though, but it has nice markings.

I'm in the US. I really don't think she is a central. So far an eastern is the best match. Her body and head shape look almost identical to me. If she is an easter would I get in trouble for owning her? I bought her from petsmart not too long ago. She didn't look like any of the other babies. She loves water, and spends most of her time perched on her cork round about 6 inches of the ground. She is a big time glass dancer, and when she is asleep, she turns almost white. Sorry if i'm repeating myself, i don't have the best memory. And i hope this info helps to figure out what she is.
She also have very dark markings on her belly, lot darker than I've seen before. They look the same as my friend's male when he puffs up for a female. She also she seems to have a very light beard, if one at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom