Is It normal for a BD to lose its color!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Hello,
About 2 months ago i bought a 3 week old BD, i dont usually get the special breed type BD since they are always in the Hundreds usually got them from petsmart the regual tan dragons. But this exotic reptile store opened up near my house and i found this beautiful tan/black/orange dragon. Dont know what type she is the owner of the shop was helping a family so his son was the one that got me my dragon. i asked what type she was the kid said he didnt know and all he said was the batch was born 3 weeks ago and they only had them for about 2 days and the date was written on the tank. anyway its been about 2 months now i just noticed this week that ms.gaga has gotten really dark and pretty much lost alot of orange. theres no orange on her back and head any more but theres a light trim of orange on her side spikes, little bit of orange left on the base of her tail, and he ear holes are still orange. i've notice with alot of the older dragons that ive seen in stores or online like the color fads with age, but ms.gaga is only about 3 months and at 9.5-10inches ( cant get a accurate measure since she always bends, or bends her tail, or is looking left or right) OH! but last night when i was watching i noticed she would drop her left or right arm and the walk dragging her shoulder on the ground after about 2 minutes her arms started shedding. i figured she got dark becuase she was close to shedding but shes been like this all week.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
It does sound like an oncoming shed. Beardie's can shed at different rates, so a week is nothing to be concerned about.
Are you giving Ms. Gaga(love the name :wink: ) baths to help with the shed?
If you would like to post a pic... we could verify for you if it is an actual shed or something else.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":2rtsc5vs said:
It does sound like an oncoming shed. Beardie's can shed at different rates, so a week is nothing to be concerned about.
Are you giving Ms. Gaga(love the name :wink: ) baths to help with the shed?
If you would like to post a pic... we could verify for you if it is an actual shed or something else.

well i give her baths mondays/wednesdays/fridays actually my avatar pic i actually took yesterday but ill post a better one when i get home from work.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
It could just be a matter of her not showing her "happy colors." Orange darkens to brown or tan.

I have a bright orange, when she's looking her best, she could rival a sunset. But when she darkens, she looks like she's been playing in the mud. I have pics to demonstrate:

Happy colors:
IMG_0033.jpg

stressed colors
IMG_2600.jpg

But some dragons can lose color, and some can gain color with age. The dragon from the pics was actually red and orange when I bought her. She lost all the red in a few months. My other dragon was plain grey, she's now a peach colored dragon.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
sinko562":2467oh3i said:
9.5-10inches ( cant get a accurate measure since she always bends, or bends her tail, or is looking left or right)

Off the main subject b/c I think you have the best answers already :D
But for the measuring.....wait until she is sound asleep then take a long thread or string and measure with that...then put it to a ruler and you will have a very accurate measurement :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom