Is it impaction or just constipation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkcolo

Hey guys! My 13-15month old baby has been doing fine until i fed her some superworms earlier this week. her poop is normally quite large and ever since the superworms they have been significantly smaller. one day all she would eat was greens so her poop was partially green the next day. but otherwise normal looking urate, just also less in size. she’s also quite bloated. belly still does not touch the ground when she’s standing on all fours. she’s been glass surfing a little more than usual but no other signs of distress. she’s just as active as usual. also she has had these superworms before and had no issue. i’ve tried organic pumpkin babyfood. should i try a pure pumpkin purée? i give her warm baths daily and she almost always poops in them, again though they’re much smaller than her normal.

any ideas would be super helpful! i have an appointment on monday, but if i can help her any sooner that would be lovely.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, many dragons poo less frequently when food superworms or just in general as they grow to adult size. There is nothing to worry about at all and no need for a vet. Many dragons, mine included, don't poo for a couple of weeks every now + then and it's still fine. They go when they are ready, sometimes with a bit of assistance like the natural laxatives and warm soak every other day. :)

kkcolo

Original Poster
Thanks AHBD!

So relieved to hear that! She doesn’t seem uncomfortable at all too so that makes sense. I should probably feed her them less often then? Usually she would eat around 5average in a sitting. Twice a day. I’m sure she’d eat more if i let her though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom