Is it bad to hand feed to much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey

Wondering if it's bad to hand feed to much? My beardie loves to be hand fed and I'll admit I tend to do it atleast once a day because I feel we both bond and get enjoyment out of it. I just want to make sure it can't lead to bad habits, like associating my hand with food and maybe tagging my finger one day or something. No signs of this and his aim is spot on its crazy I throw a worm in a piece of greens and he can get the worm out every time. Even if he can only see just the head.
Thanks Geoffrey

writejenn

I hand feed Liz worms a lot of the time with no trouble, once i tried to feed her little piece of scrambled eggs, it was't stickable with her tongue and she bit me trying to get it off my finger and pierced the skin a bit, It surprised her and she seemed to feel bad. But have gone on to feed her worms by hand since then with no problem. As long as it it something dry that they can get with their tongue I think it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom