Is is possible to spoil a baby beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieradon

We have a baby about 4 inches. At night he runs around his cage watching us. We pick him up and falls asleep on us. Is he spoiled or just likes our body heat? And how do you measure a baby beardie? Head to tip of tail or head to base of tail? Thanks for all info

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I don't think you are spoiling your baby beardie! I think you are bonding with him and it's a good thing. But to answer your question directly, yes it IS possible to spoil your baby in a negative way. We (kind of) did that with our first beardie. The issue was hand-feeding! We loved to hand-feed him his feeders, but now we have 5 other beardies and we don't have time to hand-feed them all, let alone him...but of course we still hand-feed him 7 months later. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some nights I let my girls out to have weekend 'pajama parties' in the living room where they will fall asleep in separate areas under blankies, but other nights they are expected to fall asleep in their own vivs. It's all about balance, letting them have fun and some special time, but returning them to their routines for most of the nights.

kitkat101

Juvie Member
I think it's possible! I am already spoiling my new baby by hand feeding him his lettuce and fruit...he never eats on his own now except for eating crickets. :banghead:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
kitkat101":1bzw96fs said:
I think it's possible! I am already spoiling my new baby by hand feeding him his lettuce and fruit...he never eats on his own now except for eating crickets. :banghead:

I had that with my girls, too, but I caught it early. I started putting the greens on their plates and holding the plate up to them instead of my hand and then after a few days just showing them the plate of greens and putting it down on their cool sides and picking them up and putting them in front of the plate of greens and I got them to stop expecting to be hand fed.

NeosMom

Juvie Member
Spoiled? Who? Fluffy? No way! :shock: Just because she expects to be fed at precisely the same moment every day? She must be fed in her separate feeder bin so the rotten little crickets don't hide in her viv. Oh, and giving extra dirty looks when she isn't allowed out after a mere minute of dancing and arm waving? :roll: Come on. That doesn't mean she's spoiled. It just means I'm an extra well trained human, right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom