Is his poop OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vianeth

Would like some advice on whether or not I should get a fecal done.

His poop has been runnier/smellier for the last month. Today was a lot less fouler than other days. Other days, I can barely breathe in the presence of the poo when I go to rinse off the tile. It's just terrible and makes me want to gag. Today I can barely smell it.

Diet: About 5 adult Dubia's in the morning followed by either collard greens/bok choy/spring mix. I sprinkle calcium +d3 on the roaches every other day or so.
Lighting: Reptisun 10.0 + basking lamp.
Viv: 40g glass

He's otherwise acting normal. Sleeping a full ~9 hours @ 65-70 F at night in full darkness. Basks from about 10am-1am @ 100-105 F.
Sheds a lot, constantly. Bought him as a hatchling back in early March.

Here are pictures from today:
photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The stool looks pretty normal. However, if the smell is that bad you should probably get a fecal done on him just to check to see if he has worms or parasites.
It looke like he is eating well, too.
Does it smell worse on certain days than other days? Sometimes food dictates the smells. Bok Choy is a pretty strong green, perhaps it changed the small of his stool.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom