Is his dewlap normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koco46

Lately we have noticed Phoenix dewlap has gotten very large, we figured he is maturing, but after comparing his dewlap to other male dragons, his dewlap seems especially large!

He is 14-17 months (not sure, we bought him off CL last April when he weighed just 25g),he now is about 18" and weighs 500g.

Does his dewlap look normal??
DSC_0817_zps1583cacb.jpg

DSC_0809_zpsc510ddb0.jpg

DSC_0811_zpsbc4237a2.jpg

Haylien

Hatchling Member
I wouldn't worry, my Lady has a very big one! (Just found out she's a boy, name will be changing soon!) it just kind of grew with him, we've been assured it's fine and just happens with some dragons, it's just more rare than having a normal chin!

IMAG0357.jpg

Melody12

Hatchling Member
Big boy and girl! I've got a small dewlap for now. She's just a year and a half. Her dewlap'll expand when she's soaking up her heat. :) Melody...

Haylien

Hatchling Member
Aww thanks, so is Phoenix! Yeah they do look alike don't they!
I'm also going to take this opportunity to confess that I had to google the word dewlap to make sure I knew what you were talking about!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom