Is he starting to bromate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
chester
Hello Chester my bearded dragon has been starting to act a little bit lazy his head is shedding and he’s been going into his cave at around six to 6:30 PM I don’t know if he knows it’s his bedtime because he never goes in his cave I have a dress my lighting with Tracy so I’m pretty confident in it, I was wondering if you know what this could be he just acting a bit lazy and going in his cave I’ll send pics if u want he’s also acting normal and eating a lot!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Possible brumation but odd time of the year --- lighting and basking temps play a huge roll in the behavior --- have you had him checked for parasites - another possibility --- if not then you might want to get a fecal in NO ENEMAS -- take one in ---NO coils for UVB -- long tube fixture properly placed and distanced is extremely important --- temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Hi sorry I couldn't get to you sooner I use t5 arcadia 12% around 16 inches away from him it's night rn so ill take basking temps tom and he seems to have stopped going in his cave! so maybe false accusation, but a week ago I saw a drop of blood in his stool which never occurred again!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
so his plastic cave is his basking spot and it's 100-110 on the top and 90-100 on the sides he went in the cave again this morning.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would drop the T 5 down a inch or little more 12-15 inches - the plastic cave is it getting too hot - are you taking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer -- if its too hot he wont bask there

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
OK I’m going to remeasure the UV just in case I was wrong and I was measuring with a temperature gun since it is plastic and it will measure the surface temperature that I know the difference of each side and his basking spot contains UVA and I will move the basking lamp a little to the side which I usually do if it gets too hot and works!

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
Ok I was wrong it’s 15 inches away and the closest he can get to it from his basking spot is 10” away and I have a log that’s 6” away from the uvb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
As long as he can get to the 12-15 distance whether he has to move or what it will be good - if he has the option thats good

chestermymunchkin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
chester
So do you think it could be brumation? It is a weird time of year for him to be broomating but it’s not impossible.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He could be getting ready to start brumation --- can you post a pic of the tank please and the lighting so we can get a better idea of anything else going on ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom