is he sick, (photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Parasites show up in one of 2 ways. Certain parasites, such as coccidia, always live inside your dragon, but when they're stressed or otherwise functioning below normal parameters (like when they brumate) the #'s can get out of control and can need medication to bring them back down. Others, like hookworms, they get from infected feeders, usually crickets since crickets eat each other & the parasites spread that way. Your vet will be able to do a float test whether she deals with reptiles or not, and then you can ask for the test results & come here and ask Tracie (drache613? something like that, she's one of the mods) if she thinks your dragon needs medicated & what he needs and then tell your vet what you need.

icegem82

Original Poster
first full day with out any ubv light and diesel has not moved all day??? i hope the new light comes soon, i have been worrying all day at work!! :(

i think most of these parasites can live on the live food we give, just like how cats and dogs get worms, they pick them up,
the best way is always get a stool sample and take them to the vets, call around a few vets and see if they know much about lizards etc, i had to call around a few b4 i found one, and even then , they arent that good, but a stool sample will rule most in not all things out! and always puts your own mind to rest!!

am learning alot on here fast, which is great, i new a bit about them but all this is helping me loads, i have a lot of people to thank on here! i just hope diesel picks up soon.

xx

icegem82

Original Poster
i did manage to get my brother to take her for sum sun thou today, thou the uk isnt very sunny right now lol my brother said she went all black, bless her.

xx

icegem82

Original Poster
diesel new ubv light came the other day, her heats are all up and seem ok, she still seems sleepy so waiting for a stool so i can get it tested.
hope that rules anything else out she may have. if it comes back fine, i have no idea whats up with her, she hasnt glassed danced for ages now and still isnt moving around a lot.

i really hope shes ok..
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekov
Top Bottom