Is bearded dragon growing at an average rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

halima16

When I first got my beardie they said he was 2 months old, but I am now starting to think he may have only been a month old when I bought him (August 13th). He was 5" long and I just measured him yesterday (Nov 7th) and he is 14" now. I am just curious what you guys think, being more experienced with bearded dragons and all.

If he was 2 months when I got him, would 14" at 5 months be about average?

August 13th, 2017 (supposedly 2 months)
full

Now, November 7th, 2017
full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Very good average size, nice + healthy looking there in the pic. :) Some grow faster, some slower. No need to worry if someone says " mine was 18" at 5 months ". That doesn't translate to a healthier dragon, just a faster grower.

halima16

Original Poster
AHBD":198d59jr said:
Very good average size, nice + healthy looking there in the pic. :) Some grow faster, some slower. No need to worry if someone says " mine was 18" at 5 months ". That doesn't translate to a healthier dragon, just a faster grower.

Thanks! I appreciate it! Think I just need to be a little more patient. But I am excited to see how big he can get :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks great, no worries at all!
They do grow at different rates, but I would say he has grown fairly quickly then. He looks
very healthy. :D

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom