Is a hornworm or two a day OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
My BD has been diagnosed with giardia. She has been under treatment and hopefully she is cured of it.
Anyway, She is only eating one and sometimes two large hornworms a day. I think she should be eating more. Do you think one large hornworm a day is good enough.
She is 24 weeks old.
Thanks in advance.
Valerie

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I guess what i am asking is how many dubias or crix does it take to equal a lg hornworm?

kFitz

Hatchling Member
one large hornworm (3-4 inches) will equal about 35-40 crickets. I'm not sure how many dubia it relates to.

kFitz

Hatchling Member
considering he has giardia, nope. He's eating ok. Good luck with the treatment. I've never dealt with it with a beardie, but I know with dogs it's a long road.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Actually, I am hoping she dose not have it anymore. She has had two rounds of meds with a total of four doses. I am hoping to get a fresh daytime fecal sample from her so I can take it to the vet to be tested.

I am also looking into getting a microscope so this will not ba as difficult in the future.LOl

So lets say she does not have giardia, would this amount of food be good?

kFitz

Hatchling Member
at 24 weeks old, i'd say she should be getting 3-4 hornworms a day. It's hard with the hornworms cause they can physically eat way more than crickets, so it's hard to judge. Say she should be getting 80-100 crickets a day, that would be the equivalent of 3-4 hornworms a day.

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
With her having parasites most of her life. i do supplement with baby food on days she only eats one hornworm, small amount of butter worms or etc.
She loves baby food mixed with lot of goodies.- White egg protein, carnivore powder,critical care, probiotic,calcium and sometimes bee pollen. So then she eats anywhere from 6 to 10 cc of that.
I do hope her insect appetite gets better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom