Introduction (for me and my beardie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, newbie here who's really happy to have found this amazing site. :)

I've had my current beardie, Caesar, for about three months now...here he is in all his shedding glory:

sCsd5.jpg

xl3Yu.jpg

iQzfU.jpg

vAUNm.jpg

About a month ago:

1IQ3E.jpg

ywZLJ.jpg

WAlgd.jpg

(That little guy with him there is Brutus, whom I don't have anymore. When I learned how risky it is to house two beardies together, I returned him to the shop though it saddened me to do so...I simply don't have the room to house them separately at the moment. I know I should have known better, but I was told by several people I thought were reliable sources of information that it was okay to keep them together.)

AOdXU.jpg

Almost two months ago:

dzwWv.jpg

SYPNW.jpg

He is growing SO quickly! Soon he'll be too big for his home...

gXfxH.jpg

For now, though, he seems content enough with it. He gets out every day, but almost always spends all of his time trying to get places he really shouldn't be.

aFsIc.jpg

"Maybe if I claw at the invisible walls some more, I'll FINALLY get somewhere!" Oh, if he only knew what lies within...

Anyway, Caesar is not my first beardie -- that would be Spike, my 7th birthday present -- but he is my first in almost a decade. So I'm relearning some things, as well as gleaning lots of new info that probably wasn't available when I got Spike back in 1992. So far, lurking on these forums has given me some really good ideas of how to give Caesar even better care. I now know I need to replace his compact UV bulb with a strip, which will be happening soon, as well as purchase him a multivitamin supplement in addition to the calcium he's already getting. Any suggestions on a brand?

He gets salad every day (usually collard greens with a little bit of apple or carrot mixed in), and I alternate between different protein sources (crickets, phoenix worms, dubia roaches and meal worms). If there's anything else I should be doing for the little guy, feel free to let me know! I welcome all input.

By the way, I don't really know if "he" is male; it's just a guess, though I should probably be able to tell soon enough. My friend says he looks like a citrus pastel, but I honestly haven't bothered to double-check on that.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the site!

For multivitamin/calcium brands, I like rep-cal.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could turn it off until your reptisun arrives. Thats what I would do personally.

-Brandon

astraldisaster

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies! So last night, something exciting happened: my little dragon got an unexpected tank upgrade. A coworker offered to trade me this awesome custom tank that he no longer wanted for Caesar's little glass one.

TAFzY.jpg

kJ69G.jpg

Ti27Q.jpg

He seems pretty thrilled with his new digs. :D And he has a ReptiSun now! The only thing I plan on changing is taking that sand out (ugh -- such a hassle), and maybe putting some other kind of substrate down. Though the plastic bottom IS pretty easy to clean on its own. I may also add a hammock.

astraldisaster

Original Poster
Oh, also: I have a few more large stone slabs that aren't in the tank yet. Once I remove the sand I'm going to stack them in a way that gives him a place to hide under the basking spot -- though he has never really used a hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom