introducing Tim!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlizzy

Today we added a new guy to our house hold. We already have one beardie named Liz, and now have a male named Tim. Tim comes to us because his original owner decided that they didn't want him any more. Madning' I know, but rest assured his is in his forever home now. Any ways, he is just over a year old and our female is a year old too. Can they hang out together, supervised, will they make whoppie?

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Congrats on the newest member of yur household!!! Well...it's likely that if the little scalliwags are out and about together that they could breed. And she is too young to breed so be careful about that. Is Tim showing any interest in her (head bobbing, bearding, etc.)? Other than that...enjoy them!! :D I'm sure that other owners of multiple beardies will have great advice.

Tracy & Stella

redlizzy

Original Poster
I definitely don't want them to breed. Baby dragons are adorable but not my idea of fun.
So far the two of them haven't really acknowledged each other. But if we catch him head bobbing or waving at her we will separate them for a while. They both have their own terrariums too. Any other signs that they are gonna do the deed? And can they play together?

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
bearded dragons are very solitary animals. as humans we think they need a buddy to play with, but in reality this can be dangerous. Also, since you've said already that you do not want to be raising baby bearded dragons... i would suggest that you don't have them out at the same time. it only takes a few seconds for them to breed or cause injury to one another.

redlizzy

Original Poster
Hey there,

So Tim has a new name, he is now called Harvey. And if I am correct, Harvey is a she. We still keep the two seprate, just in case. Liz lives in the living room where she often watches our 2 year old son play. She always comes to the front of the tank to investigate when there are children over. Our son Ty often tells her about his toys and then tells his toys about her. Its cute, one day we will take her out to meet him, but for now she is safer in her terrarium. Toddlers do not know there own strength and we don't want her to get hurt. Harvey resides in my bedroom. She does not apreciate the noise level of our son. When Ty and I are playing in my room we often look over and Harvey is giving us a slight beard. She likes her quiet. Harvey isn't great with being handled but is coming along. She definitly likes my husband more. She is extremely calm with him, and when I pick her up she franticaly flails her limbs. She calms dowm once she is on my body but is only happy with me if I hold her close. We are enjoying both tremendously! My husband informed me the other day that Liz is my baby, and Harvey is his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom