Introducing Sherlock and a question about coloring

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyrosGma

Hello,

This is Sherlock...
80448-1781355632.jpg
We got him from a breeder at an expo last week, and he is almost three months old (born the day before Thanksgiving). We lost our first beardie, Spyro, a few weeks ago. We got Spyro from PetSmart and she became sick within about month. We took her to a vet and we did everything we could for her, but she didn't make it. :( (PSA-If it's at all possible, buy your beardies from a breeder.)

Our experience with Sherlock has been completely different. He is active and has an amazing appetite, including eating his greens out of our hands! You can tell that the breeder took great care of them and handled them often. I was hesitant to get another beardie after losing Spyro, because I was so attached to her, but Sherlock is very quickly growing on me. :D

Quick question: His color seems to change sometimes. I thought I was seeing things but my son noticed too. His sides are bright orange and his back has brown on it. Sometimes the brown seems VERY dark and other times not so much. Is that normal?

Thanks!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
It's normal. :) they can control the amount of dark/black pigment visible on their skin and can have a wide range of shades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom