Introducing Pixel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam9500

Hey everyone,

Well i finally managed to get everything sorted and bring home my new buddy!

Ive named him "Pixel" so it doesnt matter if he turns out to be a she, although i suspect that he is a he due to the amount of male bonding weve been enjoying.

When i got him from the shop he was very skittish and would hide and gape, he remained that way for a few days but has been improving and eating well, i swear hes grown an inch too, both in length and width.

One thing thats been bugging me though is that hes still not reverted back to the colour he was in the shop, hes gone alot darker than he was and hes lost all his lovely lavender colouring, opting instead for a mix of oranges and chocolate browns. Oh and another thing is that theres small amounts of fluid in his "landmines" everything appears to be digested though, ive been giving him regular baths and he has the odd nibble at his radish tops and mixed veg. Should i be worried?

anyway without further ado: heres the warm and cool sides of his viv

CLICK FOR BIGGER!

And heres the man hiself, sunning himself on his basking log

ReptileMom

Hatchling Member
looks like a pretty cool setup. what are your temps.? i know when my guys are cooler their colors are darker. maybe he's not warm enough. more than likely though he's just got a case of relocation stress. i see he's got the marks on his belly. did he have those when he was at the shop? they ususally appear when they are stressed. if your temps. are correct, just give him a few days to adjust. he should be fine.

OMG how adorable is he !!!! he looks like my Abraxas they could be twins to cute, and a totaly wonderful set up . he will be a fat happy dragon for his life

jandreth

What I want to know is where you got your viv....or did you build it yourself? I've been looking for ideas for our boys and your viv looks great!

sam9500

Original Poster
thankyou for all your encouraging comments, my temps are 80 and 106

no he didnt have stressmarks at the shop, and they do fade slightly after hes warmed up a bit but theyre always there, ive had him here a week now and hes very skittish so im sure its just a bit of relocation stress, he does seem a little lethargic though lately? is that a warning sign that something is wrong?

I got my viv from ebay.co.uk, its just a standard flatpack jobbie, i wouldnt dare build one of my own. i bought a piece of sandblasted grapevine and glued some tillandsia airplants in the holes in the wood. also a few pieces of limestone for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom