Introducing Maynard! (with 2 large pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waydizzy

Hello! I've been reading here for...oh, a really long time I suppose, but I never made an account to post. Anyway, I finally found a BD I just couldn't leave at the pet store. He was one of their breeders, finally retired after 3 long years of service. :) He was in such a small tank, with NO heat lamp, and more than likely a sub-standard UV bulb. His color was terrible, but he somehow won me over. :) I've had him since Sunday, and he is really a sweetheart. He would be on my shoulder 24/7 if he could. He hasn't eaten much, but he's still settling in after a long life at the pet store...that's a big adjustment, so I'm trying to suppress my mommy instincts and let him be. At bedtime, I wrap him up in a towel and he falls asleep on me, and then I get him in the tank and he doesn't move a muscle until morning...really awesome. :) Here he is!

_MG_4933.jpg

_MG_4940.jpg

dechainechel

Hatchling Member
Welcome! Congradulations, he is sweet looking. Good for you, for giving him a great, loving home to retire in. I'm sure he'll be devouring his food in no time! Keep being patient and kind!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello & Welcome to BD.org! :D
And.............
Congratulations on the New Beardie! :blob8:
He is very handsome thanks for sharing the pic's. :wink:

Again Welcome Aboard! :D

waydizzy

Original Poster
Thank you very much, I am happy to be here, and I am very lucky to have found Maynard! :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
waydizzy":2e4e4 said:
Thank you very much, I am happy to be here, and I am very lucky to have found Maynard! :)
Your very welcome an it's very good to have you here fellow Californian. :wink:
I think that Maynard might be even luckier than you that you found him. :D

It was very big hearted of you to take in a less fortunate beardie so that he could have a better life.

Welcome again to the site and the wonderful world of beardies. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom