Introducing 1 beardie to another??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare38

Hi my 3 yr old Benji loves to free roam around the house, and i also have a 6 mth old male called Spike and a 10mth old female called Angel(i changed name's by the way), i have let them see each other through the glass of the vivarium's and both younger one's bow down to Benji, once he wander's off Spike wants to come out is it wise to let them meet yet?? if not when can i let them maybe hang together as i know it can be done. As long as they do not share a viv and only see each other outside of there home's. :D

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
2 Males will always fight.. I have 2 males, and have let them out together but as soon as they see each other out, they go into attack mode. If you are going to introduce them, be prepared to be in between them so one doesn't get hurt... Males just don't like each other, never will... I sometimes bathe my together to save time, but am always right there watching incase one tries to attack the other...

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Unless you are planning on breeding them it's really not recommended that you introduce them. As Laura said the males will fight. They can become very aggresive and out of control towards one another very quickly. And you really never want to have two males out with a female thats just asking for trouble. I know it's a bummer but to me it's really not worth the risk..

clare38

Original Poster
I have housed them all in there separate Viv's now but i thought once Spike reaches 18mth old maybe i could of let the boy's out together as ive seen alot of video's on beardie's on Youtube and alot were 2 male's etc, But thank's for the info.
And can 2 female's live together happily or not?

Denduran87

Juvie Member
I have seen vids of older ones living happily together though it is recommended that they are split up. On a personal note i would not want to risk one being in a bad mood one day and hurting the other, if it's not a necessity why try it. They are happier solitary so it's not like it would really be beneficial for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom