Instant sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy1988

Just out of curiosity is it normal for beardies/reptiles/amphibians to fall asleep as soon as it gets dark.
As soon as bugs lights go off and I mean within seconds he goes to his sleeping spot and he is sparko within seconds. If he gets a bit sleepy when he is out, if I cover his face he will sleep almost instantly as well.
Is this something true of all cold blooded animals, beardies or just Bug?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are nocturnal by nature so they'll go to sleep as it gets dark by default. I think they are creatures of routine too so if the lights go out at around the same time they'll learn to fall asleep around that time too. My guys used to get sleepy just before lights out and I'd take them out and hold them and let them fall asleep on me. They'd also get tired outside the tank and as they got cold they'd curl up and take a nap. I think what you're seeing is pretty normal based on what I saw with my guys.

scorpius

yup, they fall asleep pretty quick ,

Maurice likes to crawl under my shirt and pop his head out of the neck ,

if he stays under my shirt w/o popping out he is fast asleep in a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom