info and questions from a new member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!
My name is Chris, I am from South East Ontario (Kingston area).
Currently I have 3 Beardies. One (female) I have had for around 2 years, aged around 2 1/2yo, One (male) I aquired around 2 months ago, aged around 2yo. The newest member of my group, aged around 1yo, was a rescue from a house where it was housed with a bigger aggresive dragon and it had been attack badly. The owner knew it was best not to keep them together anymore so she put him up for sale. I couldnt stand to see him/her hurt and had to help. It had its left front arm badly swollen and possibly broken, the side of its body with the hurt arm was also bruised badly and the tail tip was nipped off. I paid $80 to rescue him/her and spent alot of time and care on him/her. It is looking much much better now and is using its arm just fine.
My purpose for purchasing the male was of course to start mating and to keep my lonely female company. They currently live together in a large 75 gallon homemade terrarium that I can drop a divider in anytime to seperate them if neccessary. No real aggression has occured but also no mating either. The female has shown signs of wanting to be mated. The male has tried to mate with no success and now no longer tries. Sooo.....

Question one & two: Why wont my male try to breed more and is there any way to get him interested in breeding?

Question three: Is there anyone around me that would be interested in purchasing my rescued dragon and giving it a good home? I would be willing to take as low as $50 for him/her. Still available as of Feb 17, 2010. Very healthy, happy, great appetite.

Any assistance, replies or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Livey

Extreme Poster
Hi chris and welcome!
Unfortuanly i canrt really answer any questions for you!
i dont live in America or know alot about breeding!
but i hope you little one with the brusies and what not gets better soon! poor little dragon :(

SEOntarioBeardie

Original Poster
Hey Livey, thanks for the reply and the concern for the lil' bruised dragon. If you look at my profile picture it is the bruised dragon and the arm showing is the broken arm. As you can or maybe cant very well see the leg is looking fine, working well and he has full use of it again. He even waves it at my other beardies. I hope its warmer in England than it is here right now. Take care and thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom