info about feeding silkworms and pheonix worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get some pheonix worms and silkworms. Wat r some good feeding tips because I know pheonix worms r high in calcium so do I need to spinkle calcium powder on any of his food. And do I need to do anything special to keep the silkworms alive or do they live long enough to feed

neecie

Juvie Member
Hi. My beardie is 6 months old. I alternate feeders and really like phoenix, silkies and butterworms. Phoenix can stay in the container they are shipped in. They are very small and I take out some, sprinkle on a paper towel to get the substrate mostly off (it won't hurt beardie). Then I put them in a tiny dish and reach in her viv and let her take some - then put it down so she sees where they are. If any don't move much or are dark, hold the little dish near a hot light and they will start wiggling. Since they are high in calcium, I usually don't dust, but once in a while you could. Now silkies, I get the container called a POD, it comes with the food inside and they grow and stay in good condition in there. That is kept on my kitchen counter like the phoenix...no refrig. I also have crickets that are alternated - those, of course, I dust. Feed her those in a separate 10 gal tank.........no worry of them hiding under items in her viv. Butterworms are a new feeder I just started. They keep in the frig and info says they last a LONG time - but my Sandy eats them up,so that's no worry. They don't need any food - just hide in the material in shipping container. I read that superworms should only be fed when beardie is over 16 inches long. I won't spend $ on any snack worms, only want all her food to be nutritious.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
If you put the phoenix worms in warm water the substrate sinks and the worms float. then you get ALL of the substrate off with hardly any work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom