Inflated beard, head down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
PM a moderator to have your post moved.

There is a possibility of over supplementation, how often were the crickets dusted? What multivitamin dust was/is it?

caylafay

Original Poster
Oh gosh, I dont know the brand but we dusted whenever we fed her which was usually twice a day. What could I do to remedy this?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Was it by chance this one?
643854832221C.jpg

Here is the ingredient content
Ingredients:
Calcium carbonate, vitamin premix, hempseed meal, whey protein isolate (source of isolated protein), defatted wheat germ meal, brewers yeast, spirulina algae, honey powder, dicalcium phosphate, bee pollen, rosehip powder, haemotococcus algae, marigold extract, kelp meal, rosemary extract, yucca extract, natural mixed tocopherols (as a preservative), vitamin A acetate, vitamin D, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, dried lactobaccilus fermentation product, dried bifidobaterium thermophium fermentation product, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product and dried bacillus subtilis fermentation product.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude protein (min.) 12%, crude fat (min.) .75%, crude fiber (max.) 3%, moisture (max.) 8%, ash (max.) 8%, calcium (Ca) (min.) 16%, calcium (Ca) (max.) 18%, vitamin A 400,000 iu/kg, vitamin D3 (min.) 40,000 iu/kg.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Okay, again it has vitamin A in it. So this is staying consistent with the possibility of Hypervitaminosis A.
(excess of vitamin A)
All I am finding is to stop using the product which gave vitamin A.
I believe we are to the point where I need some help with this too.

caylafay

Original Poster
Well her beard inflation and not moving started after we stopped with the multivitamins and almost immediately after she got her second dose of fluids from the vet.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
After reading this thread I feel that I must comment.

My male does this ALL OF THE TIME. Lays with no support, throat bloated-like, and ALWAYS just slightly gaping.
I don't know if the two have anything in common. I supplement multi's twice a week and calci's about four times a week.

He has also been to the vet a total of... 8-13 times in his life now? And through all the roughness, he does this now - lays around, lethargic like, etc. He will not eat live things... unless it is in a bowl and I put them directly in front of his face. The same goes for veggies.

3 vets say there is nothing, as far as their knowledge, that they can see what is wrong with him. Im thinking that too many antibiotics and unnecessary injections could have just put a toll on his body. If I can, I will post a picture. At this point (been like this for a year. he is almost 4 yrs old) I've accepted him for who he is.

caylafay

Original Poster
GlueStick":3rvzs4re said:
After reading this thread I feel that I must comment.

My male does this ALL OF THE TIME. Lays with no support, throat bloated-like, and ALWAYS just slightly gaping.
I don't know if the two have anything in common. I supplement multi's twice a week and calci's about four times a week.

He has also been to the vet a total of... 8-13 times in his life now? And through all the roughness, he does this now - lays around, lethargic like, etc. He will not eat live things... unless it is in a bowl and I put them directly in front of his face. The same goes for veggies.

3 vets say there is nothing, as far as their knowledge, that they can see what is wrong with him. Im thinking that too many antibiotics and unnecessary injections could have just put a toll on his body. If I can, I will post a picture. At this point (been like this for a year. he is almost 4 yrs old) I've accepted him for who he is.

Aww, I am so sorry to hear this, but happy you've accepted him. She is my first bearded dragon and I can't help but feel like this is all my fault. It's very disappointing. Thanks for your input.

@Beardednoob, if you were asking me.. Kona gets about 5 mL of turkey/chicken/applesauce watered down baby food twice a day since about Monday. I don't believe I have seen her eat any live food since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom