Incubator recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
I was hoping some of you experienced breeders could recommend an incubator that you would like. I am really looking for one that is easy to set up and calibrate. I know Hovabator seems to be commonly used but I have read some postings that say it may not be the easiest. If you do like the Hovabators, which one, the thermal or turbo fan(or whatever they call it). I am not looking to have more than 3-4 clutches a year.

Thanks in advance!

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
Havobator 1602N, this is the thermal model and is the cheapest they offer... I've used this for almost 4 years now without a single issue, and once I dialed the temperature in I've never had to adjust it again, regardless of the season.

It's $39.99 at http://www.lllreptile.com, I highly recommend it as it's easy to set up and it's a simple design that will work forever...

Anthony

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Anthony! I just placed my order. What type of container(or containers) do use to put your eggs in?

Thanks again!

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
koiboydavid":1b139 said:
Thanks Anthony! I just placed my order. What type of container(or containers) do use to put your eggs in?

Thanks again!

I prefer deli cups since that's what I originally started with but tupperware containers also work really well! Just make sure you have your containers ventilated properly... I like to have at least 8 small holes on the sides of the cup/container to allow good air circulation, and I have a few holes in the lid as well.

Best of luck, and if all goes well you'll be a grand parent in 2 months!

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom