Incredibly loose stool

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
This is Leo’s poop from today:
1695989163334.jpeg

As you can see clearly from the picture, this is not normal. I think it’s the superworms messing with his system, what should I do with the rest? I have about a 75ct, I’m going to feeding him one a week now instead.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Hmm, my boy is eating superworms for over a week now (dubias previously) and his stool hasn't changed that much. Maybe slightly more undigested chitin parts but certainly not that loose.
That being said, Luis' poop looks like that (only for a day or two) if he's got a little to much fruit or pumpkin.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
This is Leo’s poop from today:
View attachment 84358
As you can see clearly from the picture, this is not normal. I think it’s the superworms messing with his system, what should I do with the rest? I have about a 75ct, I’m going to feeding him one a week now instead.
What’s in his salads? What is is main diet? How many super worms a day? Do you have chickens or other reptiles? How old is he?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Supers shouldn't cause that. Hornworms yeah. Likely it's something in the salad 🥗

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When a new food item gets introduced it can sometimes cause loose stools. Especially if the new item was fed in a large quantity.

-Brandon

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Hmm, my boy is eating superworms for over a week now (dubias previously) and his stool hasn't changed that much. Maybe slightly more undigested chitin parts but certainly not that loose.
That being said, Luis' poop looks like that (only for a day or two) if he's got a little to much fruit or pumpkin.
I have never fed Leo fruit or pumpkin

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
What’s in his salads? What is is main diet? How many super worms a day? Do you have chickens or other reptiles? How old is he?
His salads are kale and collard greens for staples (I ran out of endive), acorn or butternut squash 2x a week. His main diet is a 50/50 split of crickets and salad. He had been getting 3-4 superworms a day. I don’t have any chickens or other reptiles.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
When a new food item gets introduced it can sometimes cause loose stools. Especially if the new item was fed in a large quantity.

-Brandon
Ok, I just needed some reassurance. He only ate 3-4 superworms a day.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
His salads are kale and collard greens for staples (I ran out of endive), acorn or butternut squash 2x a week. His main diet is a 50/50 split of crickets and salad. He had been getting 3-4 superworms a day. I don’t have any chickens or other reptiles.
Squash is a fruit, tho ;)
I'd keep an eye on it and see if it's only once of if it persists.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Squash is a fruit, tho ;)
I'd keep an eye on it and see if it's only once of if it persists.
Oh- haha I guess that slipped my mind. He doesn’t get any sugary fruits, that’s what I meant. I’ll keep a close eye on his bowel movements.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom