Increased heat with season warming up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thermometers on the hot and cool side of my beardie's enclosure (digital not the analog ones) and lately the weather in my area has reached the 80s and I've noticed that the cool side has been in the 90s with the warm side hitting 100. I have a rheostat on the basking lamp but it only becomes equal temp on both sides and I'm not sure how to remedy this as summer will hit here and the upstairs of the house will be much warmer than it even is now.

What should I do to maintain my heat gradient??

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
What many do here in the hotter months if their homes are NOT airconditioned is
1) have a lower wattage basking bulb for the summer
2) set up their timers so the basking globe is turned off for 3 - 4 hours in the hottest part of the day
3) in extended heatwaves , some disconnect their basking light for the duration , so they only have the 10%UVB source on, their beardie still needs it's UVA and UVB.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, your situation is urgent, the bulb needs to be switched to lower watt ASAP. A dragon can take short periods of cool temps., but not hot temps where they can't cool down.

Is the tank small ? What exact size is it, and can you post a few pics of your set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom